(WatchDogReport.org) – The Democratic Party is currently trying to convince Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) to vote for their massive spending bill. The moderates believe the $3.5-trillion price tag is too large. Republicans recently pointed out the reason the cost is so high is that the Left is stuffing it with pork.
Republicans are shining a light on radical initiatives Democrats don't want you to see.
From weaponizing the IRS to amnesty for illegal immigrants, these are the policies hidden in President Biden's $5 trillion socialist wish list. https://t.co/7lacnyr5aX
— Oversight Committee Republicans (@GOPoversight) October 20, 2021
On October 20, the House Committee on Oversight and Reform released a report about outrageous items the Democratic Party has added to President Joe Biden’s “Build Back Better” plan. The GOP lawmakers refer to the human infrastructure bill as a “socialist wish list,” and they take particular issue with the Democrats following provisions:
- Tax credits and breaks to wealthy people like for local news organizations
- $3.5 billion dollars to young climate activists and $34 billion for green technology
- $80 million to the IRS to enforce the long-standing requirement that Americans pay taxes on income over $600
- Taxes on natural gas and oil production
- Attempting to provide amnesty to immigrants; the Senate Parliamentarian ruled it wasn’t allowed in the bill
- Millions for environmental projects
Democrats need all of their members to vote for the legislation to push it through the Senate. If Manchin and Sinema continue to hold out because of the massive price tag, the bill is dead on arrival.
Copyright 2021, WatchDogReport.org